What can I do to get rid of my nail biting habit?

How do I treat my fingernail I bite my nails now my finernail is infected.and swollen.the pain has me crying like crazy I m taking antibiotics with Tylenol. The side of my nail I d very swollen .will it bbetyrrbyorning after the antibiotics take affect?
Fri, 28 Jun 2019

Biting at fingernails and skin is a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder and there is a need for proper management. Most of these cases respond well to SSRI group of medications. It is important to remember the effect of medications becomes evident only after weeks or moths and there is need for proper patience after starting treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist