Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What can I do get rid of High BP ?

Apparently, my blood pressure is 170 over 90. or something. I don't know what that means, but the doctor seems concerned. What can I do to help this? I am a 25 year old female, if that helps?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  319
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
that is a very elevated blood pressure, and at your age is unusual. You need to lose 10% of your current body weight, you need to exercise daily for thirty continuous minutes, even just walking will do. You also need to eat potassium rich foods, the richest in potassium is raisins, I recommend a half cup a day. And you need to drink water, two liters a day minimum. And of course, follow your doctor's orders.
Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor