Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

What can I do for toothache?

I have been having toothaches recently, and I was a international start abroad in Kenya. When I ha returned home I felt like the weather in England was really disturbing me so I started getting problems with my jaw like it felt like it was going to fall off. As this continued I started experiment pain in my tunisile where it feels swollen and like my head is going to explode. It really hurts I went to the local GP and have me strong pain killers. They do not work on me effectively and I fe so much pain that I hve a very hard time getting any sleep at all. Please assita
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  5 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
From the symptoms you have told here, pain in jaw , head and swelling in tonsils, it appears to be a case of tonsilitis. but to be sure of that, you have to go for dental checkup. but if its tonsillitis, just painkillers will not help. you have to take antibiotics ( amoxycillin 500mg three times a day) along with painkillers. also try warm saline gargles. take as much warm liquid as you can. symptoms usually subside within 2 weeks after starting antibiotics.

wishing you good health
with best regards
Dr Ankit
Answered: Sun, 6 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Deepali Upadhyaya's  Response
your symptoms tell that you have decayed tooth in mouth which needs either root canal treatment or filling or extraction, which ever is needed. you should visit your dentist soon because earlier also you used to get dental pain but you did not got treated. so i will advise you to visit dental surgeon so that he can cure your dental pain. medicines will not work as you condition is chronic. location and weather changes do aggrevate dental pain..
so try to get dental check up as soon as possible

take care
dr deepali , lucknow, india
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
i read your problem you have pain in jaw and tonsils, and you feel swelling in tonsils too.............
it may be due to either tooth infection or tonsilitis.........
so i will suggest you to go to a dentist as soon as possible.........
after getting a dental checkup done take a proper treatment accordingly and follow all the instructions given............
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Sat, 19 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sushant Benjamin's  Response
Sorry, you have not given your complete symptoms, like, the nature of the pain; aggreviating and relieving factors; radiation, duration and extent of pain; history to onset of the pain etc. As of now, all that we can say is that you may have a Periodontal Abscess, or a Chronic Periodontitis.
Please visit your Dentist for proper diagnosis and treatment quickly.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Fri, 20 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Latif's  Response
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor