Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What can I do for the uncomfortable feeling like a bone touching my chest ?

Hi I went to a doctor while back and check myself cause I kept feeling like a bone touching my chest it dont hurt but is very uncomfortable, I just got out of a DV relationship Which i was thrown on the ground on my back and since then been feeling that bone hitting my chest, when i make movements at work because of the work i have to do it feels worst and sometimes feel like Im going to faint. When i went to the doctor first time they said my spine was not broken but like bent she asked me if i fell , of course i said no . they said by time it will heal, but it hasnt i feel it more each time and I dont really think is normal to feel it, sometimes it feels so horrible to breath and Im afraid it will touch my lungs one day or something. What Can I do? I dont like the feeling of it at all its scary and if it is from my spine like they say its weird to feel it like touching and rubbing on my chest.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
You must have x ray of the chest for rib cage.
sometimes the nerves along ribs are implicated giving rise to vague feelings, numbness, pain etc.When you fell possibly some rib might have injured although not really broken but enough injury to periosteum covering of bone which thickens up as an inflammatory repair response
Answered: Wed, 16 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor