Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What can I do for my father who is diagnosed with large B-cell non-hodgkin lymphoma and cancerous fluid accumulation in lungs ?

My father is detected with 3rd stage diffuse large B-cell non-hodgkin lymphoma about 4 months back. He is given 4 sessions of chemotherapy . Today all the test like sonography, MRI scan is done. But the condition of tumor is below the expectations of doctors and doctor also found some kind of cancerous fluid in his lungs which is not a good sign. So please advice what else can be done now?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Oct 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for query,
There are other treatment along with chemotherapy.
He may go for,
Monoclonal antibodies,
Haemopoetic stem cell transplantation.
Consult your onchologist and let him decide the plan of treatment.
ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 14 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor