Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What can I do for humming in Left Ear from workout Strain ?

Im 26 years of age male and weigh about 195 and hardly ever get exercise. I just started working out as of January 15 2011 doing a ab workout. I layed on my back and lifted my legs and did a sit up as I tensed up my abs and immediately turned red and started to sweat. I didn t mean to strain my self but after that i started to hear a humming sound in my left ear. A month later i started having popping of both ears when i swallow constantly with the humming steady and present 24/7. Went to ENT he gave me a pulsating test and audio test and said my hearing is normal and said I got some air trapped in that it will go away and told me to take benadryl . a couple of weeks went by and the benadryl didn t help at all to relive constant popping and hum in my ears. I noticed that anytime i eat spicy food the popping when i swallow stops for a short time then resumes and the hum volume in my left ear decreases when i take a hot shower for a short while after then comes back. Doctor as of a few days ago gave me a nasal steroid to take twice daily. two sprays in each nostril said it would bring down inflammation . Its not relieving my symptoms at all. Will this take longer to go away? What can i do to relieve these symptoms?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  185
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Please get your Blood Pressure and thyroid profile (T3, T4, TSH) checked.
Have you ever got any trauma or suffering from any diseases for which you are taking any medication e.g., aminoglycosides ? Anyway, I advice you to have decreased salt diet.
Wish you an early recovery
Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
You are experiencing tinnitus as mentioned above but that is merely telling you what you already know you have. It's like you telling me you have a read swollen itchy area on your arm and i tell you you have erythematous edema with occasional Pruritus.

That is just medical lingo for red swelling that occasionally becomes itchy or tingly. So basically the doctor up there hasn't told you anything you do not already know.......

What you need to do if you don't mind is add your age, Sex, Medications your taking, the symptoms your experiencing as well as any other changes.

If you could also have someone else take your vital signs: Temperature, Pulse, Blood Pressure and respiration it would be great as it gives plenty of information.

Its impossible to help you with such a small amount of information.

Alejandro Mendez, Practical Nurse Student
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor