• question-icon

What birth control pill to take when suffering from ovarian cyst?

Over 35 and trying to decide what birth control to take.
I have acne now, a small cyst on ovary and need to control my hormones.
I have used Ortho triclen in the past. I tried loestrin 24 for 3 months it was ok but didn't really clear the skin...was I not on it long enough? What is the best bc for over 35 and has acne?
My acne is on the neck
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

If acne is present YAZ is a good option for birth control pills. The FDA has approved use of YAZ birth control pills in acne.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician