Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What are vaginal skin tags and how are they treated?

yes I have what appears to be extra skin hanging from my vagina...My fiance say that when he pulls out(his penis)he notices the extra skin (which he described as looking like tonsils) attaches to his penis then goes back in my vagina.What is the etra skin called?
Mon, 22 Jun 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely vaginal polyp. This is usually harmless and benign. Better to get it examined by a gynecologist. If it bothers you then better to undergo excision surgically and send for histopathology examination.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Well I had some skin tags on my neck about 5 to 6 of them I plucked them and a few days later they turned into round/ ovel spots that itched and...