Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What are triglycerides ?

my doctor says its elevated.what to do about it?.am 38 yrs old.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  418
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
triglycerides are another form of fat the body produces.elevated levels could be due to overweight/obesity/smoking/alcohol in excess/physical inactivity/carbs rich predisposes to heart disease ,stroke, as usually they will have high total cholestrol also
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.this is problem of today's fast life having too much of stress and less of physical activity.Triglycerides are type of fat molecule in the body and there higher level is not acceptable.We have different type of lipids in our body and triglycerides are among them.Higher level means you have more fat in your body,you need to take care about this limit fat intake in your diet,start regular physical activity minimum 150 minutes/week.With low or now physical activity,stress and poor eating habits increase risk of problems like hypertension,heart problems wake up.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor