Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What are these rashes on my chin which is itchy and fungus type ?

hi am male 24 . from india iam facing a problem with fungus around chin area.. red rashes .. with very small spot of acne .. very itchy..dead skin patches n skin has become so hard.i cant even shave.pain a lot . i used some cetrizine tabs to get control of itch, i applied abZorb cream( clotrimazole) but still no use.. ?? vasant (fresher medical student)
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  399
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
wecome to healthcare magic,
when i went through your case,i think this has developed due to poor hygiene.The balance between Yeast,bacteria and microorganisms is not maintained,Candida fungus will accelerate.well,inorder to stop all the irritations,
1.try to apply plain yoghurt to the affected area this helps to fight off the yeast and aid in curing process
2.crush a clove or two and apply on the affected area.
3.take 2 tablespoons of baking powder into two cups of warm water and apply the mixture on the affected part.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
clotrimazole is fungistatic.use ZIMIG cream contain terbinafine twice a day.
are you sure that its fungal infection.if not better to consult dermatologist.
you can take tab fluconazole once a wk
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor