What are the withdrawal effects of Sertraline?

i have been on sertraline for 15+ years due to stress from marriage to terminally-ill husband and raising two kids. For the past 5 years I have been happily remarried and retired and living a wonderful life. I d like to come off sertraline. If my doctor agrees, what might be any changes i d experience?
Sat, 23 Jun 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is important to continue taking this medication as prescribed even if you feel well. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. Some conditions may become worse when this drug is suddenly stopped. Also, you may experience symptoms such as mood swings, headache, tiredness, sleep changes, and brief feelings similar to electric shock. Your dose may need to be gradually decreased to reduce side effects. You may need to undergo some counselling, cognitive behaviour therapy and relaxation exercises before tapering the dose. But definitely that option is available and your doctor may agree. Discuss with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.