What are the uses and side effects of norlevo pills?

Hi There, im am currently 24 years old, 1.58 tall and weigh 90 kgs. I have had a very clean health record. My period is now 3 days late. I had unprotected sex on Sunday evening but took Norlevo immediately. I have felt no symptoms after taking this pill. Should i be worried
Fri, 6 Aug 2021

Using the emergency contraceptive pill may delay your period up to one week. Getting your period after taking your period means, you are not pregnant. It is also normal for your period to be heavier or lighter, earlier or later than usual and also even resulting your periods to be irregular after taking the ECP. However, if you do not get your periods within 3-4 weeks of taking the ECP, you are advised to have a pregnancy test to confirm / rule out of pregnancy.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician