What are the uses and side effects of Primolut N 5mg?

Hi I am planning for a baby, but since few days I am having problems with my periods, my doc has suggested to take progesterone 200mg capsules for 8 days, but even after taking those tablets I have not got my periods, can I start taking Primolut N 5mg which I know will surely start my period. But will it affect me in getting pregnant ?
Wed, 26 Nov 2014
Hello there,
Thank you for the question.
If you have taken progesterone 200mg for 8 days and not got your period then I suggest you take a urine pregnancy test to confirm that you are not already pregnant. If you werent pregnant then the progesterone you took was enough to cause a bleed. Primolut N also has progesterone only in a different form and may not be very helpful. After getting the pregnancy test if negative then meet your gynaecologist to find why you are not getting a period. You may need some blood tests like Thyroid functions, CBC, Fasting and post meal sugars and LH and FSH and if needed a scan. Based on the reports we can guide your correctly. Primolut N or Progesterone will not affect pregnancy infact is used to sustain pregnancy. So do not worry.
Hope this helps.