After reading your query thoroughly, I have come to the following suggestions.
* The issue is seemingly related to intestine infection through some sort of bacteria or viral infection as it is of sudden onset of short duration.
* Drinking soda can be problematic in this instance, so kindly follow some useful tips as
- intake of antiemetic as ondansetron
(through the prescription of your PCP), PPI as omeprazole
with sips of water on an empty stomach
- Probiotics with lactobacillus
- home available fresh yoghurt serves best
- bland vegan diet till recovery
- discuss the need for an antibiotic with your primary health care provider to cover the infection sooner.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon