Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the treatments for an irritated and itching vaginal area?

Hi I’m 42 ye old female w PCOS Recently I took progesterone to induce a period. Since my period I had itching and some redness on my vagina I thought it was yeast infection but no odor My dr gave me antibiotics now the symptoms come and go What us going on
Fri, 9 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms are more consistent with infective causes like yeast or bacterial vaginosis. Consult a gynaecologist and plan for a vaginal swab to confirm the diagnosis.

As of now, you can use Clotrimazole lotion to cleanse your genitals.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I put nair har removing cream on my vaginal area a couple months ago, and my vagina started to burn and sting very bad. I didnt say anything to anyone because I thought, it wasn t that big of a deal. But now it s November and it still stings very bad. HELP!!!

doctor1 MD

I have recently been battling hemmorhoids for the 1st time (I m 33), and am now experiencing vaginal irritation/itching ( with no discharge or painful urination). Also for the past 4 months or so have had an inner thigh rash off and on (assumed it was heat rash) but now it seems to be occurring more frequently as well. What should I do?

doctor1 MD

I am out of my home town i have been experiencing extreme itchiness and irritation in the opening of vagina and surroundings to the extreme that it has become a little red and sore i have taken the cream gyno canestan without consulting a doc is it suitable or not please help