What are the treatments for an irritated and itching vaginal area?

Hi I’m 42 ye old female w PCOS Recently I took progesterone to induce a period. Since my period I had itching and some redness on my vagina I thought it was yeast infection but no odor My dr gave me antibiotics now the symptoms come and go What us going on
Fri, 9 Nov 2018

The symptoms are more consistent with infective causes like yeast or bacterial vaginosis. Consult a gynaecologist and plan for a vaginal swab to confirm the diagnosis.

As of now, you can use Clotrimazole lotion to cleanse your genitals.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician