Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What are the treatment options for gastric mucosal prolapse with gastric erosion and duodenitis in the biopsy report ?

Hi Doctor, I have recently consulted gastroentologist as had problem of bloting. 1) Mild chest Pain(1 Year) 2) Feeling of bloting and pain in middle above stomach ( 1 Year) 3) Lower abdomen pain (Last 5 Months approx) 4) I do not have problem of constipation He did biopsy and taken medium specimen test and complete blood and liver functions test. All my blood tests are fine and in liver functions only SGPT is 55 Biopsy report says:- 1)Lax Les/Gastric Mucosal Prolapse 2)Gastric Erosions|Body and Antrum 3)Duodenitis Do I need to undergo surgery, he has given some medicines for a week and asked me to meet him
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  2063
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

From what I understand you have been suffering with abdominal complaints for around an year. Various test and endoscopy was done. Endoscopy revealed Lax Lower esophageal sphlincter with some gastric polyps and erosions in the stomach.
You have not specified the biopsy report. That is important to know the nature of problem and to plan the treatment.

Based on the details given, the condition can be treated by conservatively with medication, strict diet and lifestyle. Surgery is rarely needed.

Continue to medications given. You should be fine. Discuss your biopsy report with your doctor.

Hope this helps.

Wish you good health.

Answered: Wed, 4 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pradeep G Naik's  Response
Dear venki.284, welcome to HCM.
Had it been very good if u had posted the name of the medicines given. from the history, it doesnt seem that u will require surgery. I strictly suggest you to follow up with the gastroenterologist for a complete and a better opinion based on ur clinical view also.
thank you,
hav a happy time.:-)
Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor