What are the symptoms of urinary tract infection ?

Urinary frequency
Thu, 29 Sep 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
hi
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
uti may be without symptoms sometime which can subside in about two to four days by taking adequate water
most patients have frequent urge to urinate accompanied by pain or burning on urination
in women the symptom is abdominal discomfort
if it is caused by STD then you may have discharge from urethra
along with it you may have fever with chills
take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.the symptoms of UTI differ according to the site of infection.If the site is bladder then symptoms are frequency,painful urination,hematuria,supra pubic pain.If the site is kidney then symptoms are high fever with rigors,vomiting loin pain etc.If site is prostate then flu like symptoms are there along with low backache and few urinary symptoms.Good luck.