What are the symptoms of tonsillitis?

how does the tonsillitis present?
Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
Generally ,children with tonsillitis have a sore throat and pain with swallowing. Babies and toddlers may simply refuse to eat or drink because of the throat pain.
Manoj's  Response
fever will be there with sore throat along with some difficulty with swallowing or breathing.
manoj's  Response
Helo , there might be snoring or mouth breathing, accompanied by a dry mouth and mouth odor. Also sleep disturbances sometimes result in bed-wetting.
devanand's  Response

Hi

My baby is 15 months old and she is suffering from last mid night. Fever comes in afternoon and mid night. we are using crocin for remedy.

Kindly let me correct cure for that.

ENT Specialist Dr. Ravinder Sharma's  Response
Dear SIr I am dr Dr Sharma Tonsils are lymphoid tissue present in oropharynx and are frst line of defence against infection. If they are infected ---- viral or bacterial infection --- it is called tonsillitis. Main symptoms are foreign body sensation in throat, pain in throat, difficulty in swallowing, fever and cough I hope this answers your question with regards Ravinder Sharma