• question-icon

What are the symptoms of sunken scalp syndrome?

Hi, I m here for my dad. He recently(july2013) had craniotomy for subdura hematoma, part of his right skull is in his stomach for harvesting. Thankfully he woke from sedation around two weeks after surgery. Limb movement improved with his routine physiotherapy but only his left hand which has improved has become weaker and weaker recently. Could it be sunken scalp syndrome ? Also, he tends to forget what is happening around him In just few minutes. But, he recognises people and voice well. Is this post surgery effect?
Mon, 28 Jul 2014
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern and looking to the history given here for your father you have not mentioned how the hematoma formed there what was the underlying cause of that, because he had a history of cerebral pathology and had gone through the craniotomy so this may the reason of the present symptom and not might be as you are thinking for, have a nice day.