What are the symptoms of pink eye?

I woke up 4 days ago with my eye shut close and had guck I Put drops that I had before with pink eye and it took the guck out but my eye is still red at times it looks better other times it looks worse it burn and hurts and in the sun light gets worse and tears .. The drops don't seem to work.. Is it still pink eye?
Fri, 20 Jun 2014
Welcome to HCM!

It primarily appears that you are suffering from Conjunctivits (Inflammation of the conjunctiva). It is quite commonly seen during this period of the year.

You need to use antibiotic eye drops about 3-4 times a day for 5 days. This will take about 4-6 days to cure.
For relief from pain, do hot fomentation of your eye and use painkillers.
The discharge may be removed as and when required.

For confirmation, you might pay a visit to an Ophthalmologist.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to ask if you have any other doubts.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

With regards,
Dr. Sridhar Reddy