What are the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal?

Hi i quit smoking about a month ago, i was smoking 10 a day for 2 years. I have been mostly smoke free apart from the 1 or 2 during night time. at the same time i quit i started having severe digestion problems/bloating. Two weeks ago I had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood test, ultrasound etc. Everything came out fine. I am still suffering severly form bloating and indigestion, no matter what i eat. day before yesterday i started getting slight fever and dizziness. what is happening? is this just nicotine withdrawl? or do i need to see another doctor?
Mon, 29 Dec 2014
Hi.

I had gone through your query.
Sudden smoking cessation can lead to psychological and physical withdrawal symptoms.

Physical symptoms are rare but psychological symptoms are more prominent in initial days of abstinence.Digestion problem or constipation are common in withdrawal you have to take symptomatic treatment for that complains.

Consult physician if it persist.

Anti craving agent can help to reduce craving like bupropion and nor tryptiline.

If you are my patients then i would like to treat with following regimen.

1. Initially for 2 weeks NRT(nicotine replacement therapy)
2.Bupropion 150 mg for 1 week then 150 mg twice in a day for 3 months.
3.Anxiolytic and nortyptiline if require.
4.symptomatic treatment for digestion problem.
5. regular follow up and motivational counseling.

Better would be consult psychiatrist and get further help.

Glad to help you further.

Thank you.