• question-icon

What are the symptoms of migraine?

I am a 37 yr old female with a history of migraines, but the ones I ve been getting lately don t feel like typical migraines. I ve been getting nosebleeds that last the entire time of the headache. The pain is worse when I stand up or try to be active. It feels as though i can feel my pulsa beating in my head as well as my stomach. My ears will ring, and I also get dizzy. Is this a type of migraine I m not aware of? Its also been lasting for days. Waking up and going to sleep with it.
Thu, 12 Dec 2019

Your symptoms might be due to Migraine with Aura (eye symptoms) / Temporal Arteritis or Hypertensive Crisis. I advise you to have:
- Detailed eye and ENT examination by your doctor
- Regular BP checkup
- Tab. Prednisolone for 2-3 weeks
- Analgesics like Naproxen / paracetamol and Triptans
- Relaxation and stretching exercises
-YOGA
- Avoid exposure to light, noise etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Get well soon.

Dr. Yogapriya V, General and family physician