• question-icon

What are the symptoms of absence seizures?

My daughter is 4 yrs old please think absence siezures. All of the symptoms i can find for this medical issue fit my daughter. I am not legally her parent I was with her mom s since she knew 5 words and raised her from this point her mother doesn t think it s anything and I surely hope she is right. Nor, and I a doctor by any means but I d definitely like to be put at ease if possible can I have her seen by a doctor for this without needing mom.
Tue, 21 Nov 2017
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that absence seizures are short seizures, lasting for some seconds, during which the child stares or stops talking. She may drop anything she is holding. After the seizures the child continues its activity, without noticing any difference.

If your daughter has similar symptoms, I would recommend consulting with the pediatrician and performing an EEG.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards!

Dr. Iliri