• question-icon

What are the symptoms of TB?

I am suffering form cough. My doctor suggested to take X-ray of chest, the report of the chest says " a subtle thin walled cavity with surrounding nodular infiltrtes are noted in the left upper zone suggestive of Koch's." after seeing the report of x-ray my docter suggested to do some afb test n suptum culture. Both afb test n culture came -ve. i want to know am i suffering from TB or not??

Mon, 18 Apr 2016
hi, I understand your concern
And I must say Kochs in lung X ray highly suggestive of pulmonary TB. Negative AFB does not rule out possibility of TB. It means there is very lesser chance of you being contagious. Furthermore investigations like mantoux, TB PCR will also helps to come in to a proffer diagnosis. With proffer cause of anti-TB you will achieve 100% cure and suggest to get advice from a pulmonologist or TB treatment center. Hope this Answer was helpful.