What are the symptoms of HIV?

hi guys, how to make out if some one has HIV infection?any early signs or symptoms?
Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Signs 1--Fever>100*F-intermittent or Continuous->more han 1month
2-Involuntary eight loss->10%body weight
3-Intermittent or continious diarrhea more than 1month in absence of
other causes
4-Persistent cough >1month
These are established cases symptom.
But persons are sexual contact with another partner,plasma,saliva,contact with unkown partner.he should do HIV test-CD4+Tcell count<200uL has Aids by defination.

Dr. Chandra,
Homeopath
's
 Response
hello
why your are thinking about HIV . HIV infection occurs when you have sex from hiv positive person.or blood tranfusion. any sympton which you are having from more than 30days. weight loss. low grade fiver. general weakness.
wishes you good health
mousumi.gupta's  Response
HIV is a virus that damages human immune cells. It weakens the immune system and, without treatment, leads most infected people to develop AIDS. Like all viruses, HIV infects the cells of a living organism in order to make new copies of itself. HIV can only be transmitted in certain ways and the purpose of this page is to explain how you can and can’t become infected. HIV cannot live for long outside the body, so to be infected you need to allow some body fluid from an infected person to get inside your body. HIV is found in blood and other body fluids such as semen and vaginal fluids. It cannot live for long outside the body, so to be infected with HIV you need to allow some body fluid from an infected person to get inside your body. The virus can enter the body via contact with the bloodstream or by passing through delicate mucous membranes, such as inside the vagina, rectum or urethra. The most common ways that people become infected with HIV are: * having sexual intercourse with an inf
Ananth's  Response
hi guys, in some people early symptoms of HIV may not develop at all.In some cases they develop symptoms within a month or two of exposure to HIV. These people may have a flu-like illness with such symptoms as: * Fever * Rash * Headache * Loss of appetite * Swollen glands (enlarged lymph nodesSmall, round or oval bodies connected by a network of vessels; they help remove bacteria and foreign particles from the circulation, and play a role in the body's immune defenses) * Achy muscles and joint. These early symptoms mentioned above usually disappear within a week to a month. Most HIV-infected people who experience these early symptoms won't see any more signs of the infection for at least a few years. Later Symptoms Of HIV Infection Usually, it takes about eight to nine years between the time of infection and the appearance of later symptoms, although this varies from person to person. These symptoms signal that immune system function is deteriorating, due to declining numbers of
mousumi.gupta's  Response
...Hi Folks..... People have been warned about HIV and AIDS for over twenty years now. AIDS has already killed millions of people, millions more continue to become infected with HIV, and there's no cure – so AIDS will be around for a while yet. AIDS is one of the biggest problems facing the world today and nobody is beyond its reach. Everyone should know the basic facts about AIDS. What is AIDS? AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is a medical condition. People develop AIDS because HIV has damaged their natural defences against disease. What is HIV? HIV - Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) HIV is a virus. Viruses infect the cells that make up the human body and replicate (make new copies of themselves) within those cells. A virus can also damage human cells, which is one of the things that can make a person ill. HIV can be passed from one person to another. Someone can become infected with HIV through contact with the bodily fluids of someone who already
sweta's  Response
hi guys,many people do not develop symptoms after getting infected with HIV. Some people have a flu-like illness within several days to weeks after exposure to the virus. They complain of fever, headache, tiredness, and enlarged lymph glands in the neck. These symptoms usually disappear on their own within a few weeks. Following initial infection, you may have no symptoms. The progression of disease varies widely among individuals. This state may last from a few months to more than 10 years. During this period, the virus continues to multiply actively and infects and kills the cells of the immune system. The immune system allows us to fight against the bacteria, viruses, and other infectious causes. The virus destroys the cells that are the primary infection fighters, called CD4+ or T4 cells. Once the immune system weakens, a person infected with HIV can develop the following symptoms: o Lack of energy o Weight loss o Frequent fevers and sweats o
nihar's  Response
hi guys, many people do not develop symptoms after they first get infected with HIV. Others have a flu-like illness within several days to weeks after exposure to the virus. They complain of fever, headache, tiredness, and enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. These symptoms usually disappear on their own within a few weeks. After that, the person feels normal and has no symptoms. This asymptomatic phase often lasts for years. The progression of disease varies widely among individuals. This state may last from a few months to more than 10 years.