Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the symptoms of AIDS?

Hi,
I am very scared, I had a drunken one night stand on holidays at the start of July and upon observation in the following weeks I noticed two blister like things in my pubic region around my pubic hair. One is small, I'm not sure what to call it, it is very very soft and more like an indentation into my skin. The other is larger, deep purple and also very very very soft, slightly like an indentation into my skin. They've been here since July. I've also experieced severe vaginal dryness which is very unusual for me. Can you please help me? Should I be very worried? Could this be herpes/HPV/AIDS, etc?
Also, I am 18 and a student. I paid the little money I had to see a doctor who barely glanced at one, did not listen to my concerns and prescribed me Fucidin H cream without even explaining why. Can you please help me, I cannot afford to get tested at the moment.
Wed, 28 May 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Topics ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello,
Thanks for the consult...

Brief answer,
Herpes or HPV infection

Detailed explanation,
1. You mentioned that 2 blisters near the pubic hair and the vaginal dryness
2. These suggest herpes genitalis infection 60% chance or Human papilloma viral infection which is 40% chance
3. Try to consult a dermatologist and undergo test for herpes and HPV test
4. There is no chance for hiv because it can't produce symptoms in just 1 month of duration after the exposure to the risk

Hopes this information helps
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

my name is jax.30 years old.3 years ago i had contact with girl.now i hav occured in mouth ulcer ,head ache foot paining and burning, heel paining, tiredness .iam scared now can u help me?

doctor1 MD

hi, i am muraleedhar, i fear that do i have AIDS?!.. i have stated some of the symptomes in my body. i have masturbate many times. i have a sharp pain on my right side just above the hip, and also above the pennis below the stomach. i feel like paining when i lean with my hand. some time i urinate with a very bad smell. sometimes i leak jelly like fluid from my pennnis. what is this

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I recently visited a commercial sex worker and in the anxiety and excitement I fondled her breasts and allowed her to touch my bare penis. She rubbed my penis with her hand ( I had no condom on but I have undergone circumcision). She even gave me a wet kiss on my cheek. I realsised that I was doing something wrong and stopped at that. Since then I am terrified and worried if I stand the chance of contracting HIV and AIDS. Please reply if I run the risk and how soon should I get a test done if necessary.

Recent questions on  Papillomavirus

doctor1 MD

After having fulguration done to genital warts using electrocautery, how long will it be before sexual activity can be resumed and how long will it be before enough healing occurs to return to work, under the condition that the patient has HIV but the viral load is low (undetectable) and the CD4 count is high?

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am having light bleeding and spotting after my period along with abdonimal pain. I did a pap test in Nov. of 2014 and everything was fine. I am in Manitoba Canada. Do you know any good obgyn you could recommend for me to visit. Thank you in advance for your advice, Violet.

doctor1 MD

I AM 55 FEMALE WHO HAS TWO EPISODES OF POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING IN LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. IT WAS TIME FOR PAP SMEAR SO FAMILY DR. ORDERED PELVIC ULTRASOUND WITH ENDO PROBE. REPORT SHOWS A HYPOECHOIC LESION AND ENDOCERVICAL CYST. A CYST IN LEFT OVARY.SMALL FIBROID IN FUNDUS OF UTERUS.

doctor1 MD

hi, im a 23yr old female. about 3yrs ago i had been diagnosed with chylmadia and hpv but i was treated for it. a few months my partner then found he had chylmadia and we were both treated right then. sometimes i notice i have a little sensation when i pee, there is no burning feeling it also sometimes gives goosebumps to my arms, could you possibly know what causes this?

doctor1 MD

I recently had a pap smear that came back ASC H. I had a colposcopy last week with the following results: Part A: CERVIX , 5:00, BIOPSY: LOW-GRADE SQUAMOUS INTRAEPITHELIAL LESION (CIN 1). KOILOCYTOSIS CONSISTENT WITH HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am 23yr old... I had unprotected sex with a guy when i am young before reaching my puberty(before commence of my 1st menstrual cycle) Is there chances of i getting pregnant...? I am scared of this and feel shy to consult a doctor and speak...

doctor1 MD

I have some very small pink round dots/marks around pubic area. they are hardly noticeable but they sometimes itch or are slightly painful. can you please let me know what this could be? (see attached photo). thank you