Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

What are the symptoms and treatment for schizophrenia ?

Sir,I am a 34 aged male.I feel that my mind is opened by someone spiritually and that everyone(most except children )can read my mind.Most people respond to me so ,by body language and sometimes even directly.I thought it was only my thought.But I see people respond to me in an unusual manner.I put a poll on it on Some 7 out of 8 people voted that they can feel it read my mind.I met a psychologist who advised me to make a feeling that my mind is closed.I am involved in many matters through the way I feel from 2000.Am i a schizophrenia patient? Anz T Vasav Thenguvila Veedu(Areela) Karimpinkonam Yeroor PO,Kollam,Kerala INDIA-691312 Phone:9946017203
Asked On : Fri, 6 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  256
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Mr. Anz T Vasav ,
If you feel your mind is opened by someone spiritually and everyone can read your mind , and if you believe it firmly then its a delusion , and you are relating that with others actions . So according to world health organization's ICD 10 Criteria these symptoms directs towards diagnosis of schizophrenia , but more detailed interview, examinations and investigations are needed to confirm diagnosis . - if diagnosis is confirmed , you need to take appropriate antipsychotic medications with psychiatrist's consultation . Take decision as early as possible as this disorder may get worse and difficult to treat as time passes .
Take Care .
Answered: Wed, 13 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Sexologist Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa's  Response
Are you distressed with whatever is happening to you? do you believe firmly that all this is true?why do you think this is happening?

Answered: Wed, 13 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u should consult good psychiatric.
there is nothing like open mind.
no one can read or know what there in ur mind.
u have accept that u have problem -so u have
think positively.
dont try anything to prove that ur open or close mind.
every one is same.
do exercise and do busy as u can.
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to healthcare magic
schizophrenia is chronic, severe, and disabling brain disorder.
they may hear voices other people don't hear or believe that others are reading their mind,controlling their thought,feels that someone is trying to harm them.
Schizophrenia may develop so gradually that the family and even the person with the disease may not realize that anything is wrong for a long period of time.
antipsycotic medication will help controlling illness by maintaing chemical balance in the brain.but they are associated with some side effect which may discourage patient from taking daily medication.common are weight gain and sedation.
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc.
you may consult near by good homeopath or psycologist as per your wish
good luck

Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor