• question-icon

What are the side effects of varicella and mumps vaccination?

Hi my son is 1 years old and today I noticed he has a small rash to the abdomen area and also on his lower extremities. Also on the right thigh region there is a bump bigger than the size of a quarter which is red in color and feels warm to the touch. He last temperature was 100.4 rectal. He recently just had his 1 year check about two weeka ago and received vaccination for measles, mumps, rebella, and varicella. ? Is the red rash and smal bumps on his thigh a reaction to the vaccination. My biggest concern is that he may have meningites. Any help would be much appreciated. Also me and my wife plan to take him to his pediatrician tomorrow.
Mon, 1 Sep 2014
Hi

Rash and fever can be related to vaccination . No it is not indicative of meningitis . You need to concern if he had vomiting, altered sensorium, dullness , irritability, poor feeding.

thanks