What are the side effects of too much vitamin D?

Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here...Hello there,I’m a mother of two boys, 12 & 9 Years old. I have been giving them vitamin D for the last couple of months, instead of 1000iu, I pretty much gave 1ml everyday for the last two months without realizing it. I only realized it last night that I should be giving a drop of it instead I have a whole syringe full.What would the overdose of vitamin D will do to the boys? Should I be taking them to hospital? Nikila
Mon, 27 Aug 2018

Too much vitamin D can cause harmful high calcium levels.High vitamin D/calcium levels occur: nausea/vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, mental/mood changes, unusual tiredness. Very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing. If you observe any side effects you have to consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.