What are the side effects of smoking?

I have been smoking weed for about 3 months straight. I have not had any problems except recently the day after smoking, I experience anxiety. I have never had any history of anxiety in the past. Do you have any idea why this happens? I have no problem quiting if that may be the case.
Mon, 12 Jan 2015
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response
The effects of marijuana are quite variable. The quality control on it is not very good and sometimes it may contain other chemicals. Marijuana can sometimes cause/trigger anxiety attacks. Occaisionally, people have them for a while (weeks) after stopping marijuana. Serious psychological derangement after marijuana use is pretty rare. The context in which it is used is a heavy determinant of the experience and having changes in sensation from a psychoactive drug in less than secure surroundings can more often trigger anxiety.