What are the side effects of seloram 25 and ramipril?

Hi I m Rakesh of age 25.I m suffering with High Blood Pressure from past four months.Last two months back my blood pressure is 140/90 to 150/100.Now I m in medication but from last two months i m checking regularly it was in 130/80 or 125/80,So how long i should continue the tablets and there is any side effects like erection of pennies,because after this tablets i m facing this problem.I m using SELORAM 50/5 tablets its ramipril tablets.so can you please explain me detail i m so worried about this sexual problem.
Wed, 15 Sep 2021

Seloram contains both Metoprolol and Ramipril that is used in the treatment of high blood pressure or hypertension. It can help to prevent further cardiovascular events like heart attack or stroke and improve chances of survival from these diseases. Though angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors or ACE inhibitors like Ramipril may cause erectile dysfunction but it is a very rare side effect of this medication and only less than 1% of people consuming this medication complain that they suffer from erection problems or erectile dysfunction as an adverse effect of this medication.

Again, you should know that high blood pressure or hypertension itself is a common cause of erectile dysfunction. So, you should follow your doctor's advice strictly to control your high blood pressure and prevent future erectile dysfunction.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician