What are the side effects of niaspan?

47. good health, active exerciser, but had MCI last year and stent in RCA (no damage to heart). I take niaspan and recently had a heat stroke (not just exhaustion) that isn t well-explained by the normal causes of a heat stroke. I find that I not only have the red flushing, tingling, etc. from Niaspan (which is tolerable), but that I am acutely subject of overheating when I take it. I understand that a new NHI study links Niaspan to strokes. Does that include heat strokes.
Thu, 8 Jul 2021

No, it does not include heat strokes, they are much different from strokes of the brain. Taking 1-2 large glasses of water with the Niaspan may reduce the flushing a bit.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist