What are the side effects of Trimethoprim?

Hi. My mom has currently been prescribed Trimethoprim, but according to medications to avoid Dilantin while taking this medication. The Dr has said it s to not treat a UTI, after reading information pertaining to Trimethoprim, I m not understanding. Also, side effects of having a possible thrush and a new yeast infection(she s just getting over one), I
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Side effects of thrimetoprim consist in:

-itching
-diarrhea
-nausea
-vomiting
-loose of appetite
-headache
-yeast

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.