What are the side effects of OCP?

I want to start on the OCP’s but am worried about the side effects that come with it don’t want to face them .
Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Thanks for posting query.
The side effects of OCP are- anorexia, nausea, headache, increased liver enzyme, thromboembolism, gastritis, fulminant hepatic failure, breast tenderness, irregular menstruation or spotting, chance of endometrial and breast tumor etc.
Wish you a speedy recovery
Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly.
nihar's  Response
hi, most women have no side effects when taking the oral contraceptive pill, but some women do experience irregular periods, nausea, headaches, or weight change. Each type of oral contraceptive pill can affect each woman differently. Spotting between periods may occur while taking the first three weeks of hormone pills, but this is not serious. This usually occurs during the first two or three cycles. You should call your health care provider if the bleeding is heavier than a light flow or lasts more than a few days. Some women have some nausea, but this usually goes away if the pill is taken with a meal or a snack at bedtime. Sometimes a pill with less estrogen is prescribed if the nausea doesn't go away. Sometimes, women may experience headaches when they start taking oral contraceptive pills. Usually headaches occur because of stress or other reasons. If your health care provider thinks they are related to the pill, he/she may prescribe an oral contraceptive pill with a lower dose of estrogen o
raj's  Response
the side effects of ocp's are dizziness, headache, lightheadedness, stomach upset, bloating, or nausea. severe depression, groin or calf pain, sudden severe headache, chest pain, shortness of breath, lumps in the breast, weakness or tingling in the arms or legs, yellowing of the eyes or skin. that is the list of adverse effects of ocp's
Shahajahan's  Response
The ocp can cause nausea, breast tenderness, fluid retention, weight gain, acne, breakthrough bleeding, missed periods, headaches, depression, anxiety, other mood changes, and lower sexual desire.
naveenpathak's  Response
Acne and weight gain, are the most common once. The Pill may have a positive effect on a woman's sexuality. The woman (who uses the Pill) nor her partner need take any special action before or during intercourse, it makes birth control "invisible" and sex spontaneous, more natural, or both. Depression , Vaginal discharge, changes in menstrual flow, inter menstrual bleeding, nausea, vomiting, headaches, changes in the breasts, changes in blood pressure, loss of scalp hair, skin problems.