What are the side effects of Mirena IUD?

Hi so I just got the mirena like a 2days ago and don’t have any children never been pregnant nothing. Well when i got it I was on my cycle and my OBGYN said it’s best that we do it on my cycle. The insertion was very painful and made me have to poo in the process but when I tried to use it it made he hot and nauseous. Why is that? Is this common? What can I expect for side effects? I’m 5’3 166lbs. I do have heavy periods and horrible cramps to where it feels like my insides are on fire so hopefully the mirena will help ease it and no pregnancies no time soon either.
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

Mirena will help you to regulate your period and have less painful cycles and gives good protection. Side effects may be an increased amount in menstrual bleeding and a slightly elevated risk of infection of uterus causing pelvic inflammatory disease.

This are the causes that I don't recommend it to young girls with no pregnancies.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.