What are the side effects of Mirena IUD?

Hi i had a mirena coil fitted back in 2013, i had a few problems to begin with felt like it wasnt in the right place, didn t help my periods but after time it seemed to work okay. However recently went to the doctors and was told the threads have doubled back over the coil this is obiously uncomfortable and very painful but theres no infection apperently, although I m waiting for an emergancy ultrasound ((that I m going to be waiting for 5weeks)). Although the thing I m most worried about is how bloated and hard my stomach is... Any ideas if theres anything I can do to try and feel better while waiting for this scan??
Thu, 21 May 2015

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Nitasha Khan. I have read you question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
maybe the mirena is displaced thats why al these sypmtoms are occuring but the best part is there is no infection so there is nothing to worry about it is a very natural condition and it usualy gets displaced like most females get ths condition you wil be fine just wait for the scan you wil have an idea mean while what you can do is take green tea with lemon in it that wil cause the bloating to get les also you can drink fresh juices and eat healthy diet ful of vegetavbles you wil be fine soon nthing to worry about

I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer.Otherwise rate and close the discussion

Regards.

Dr.Nitasha Khan