What are the side effects of Microcid tablets?

Hi doctor my mother is taking microcid tablets for painful jaws. does this tablet have any side effects. she was asked to take this tablet regularly. her nature of pain is she will get pain when she chews food or opens her mouth for food. when she bends and brushes or haves food she will get relief. please advise
Thu, 27 May 2021

The composition of Microcid is Indomethacin 75mg. It is a very commonly used painkiller belonging to the group of NSAIDs. As such, it is a safe drug which if often prescribed for few weeks-months by doctors. No drug is without fee possible side effects. For Indomethacin, side effects which may be uncommonly seen are stomach pain, gastritis, nausea and vomiting. Rarely, few patients experience drowsiness. Overall it is a safe drug and can be used under guidance of a doctor. If she happens to get any of these, do consult your doctor.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sridhar Reddy, General & Family Physician