What are the side effects of Ciprofloxacin?

my daughter went to hospital this morning with severe admoninal pain and back pain, she also has show of blood in her urine. the doctor prescribed her 500mg 2x daily for 7 days of ciprofoxacin. just spoke with her and the pains are still there and she is preparing to take the second dose at 11pm. i am reading about side effects and duration of time before the medication begins to work
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is better not to take Ciprofloxacin in children unless it is highly indicated. It can cause weakness of tendons in growing kid, and chances for seizures also there, so better to avoid.

Thanks