What are the side effects of Calvepen?

Hi, I have been prescribed Calvepen 666mg for tonsilitis and my doctor recommended that I continue my contraceptive pill without a gap. However at the time it was not possible for me to do this. What are the effects of this drug on my cycle and menstrual period as now it appears to be late?
Wed, 19 May 2021

In my opinion calvepen does affect your cycle. Your Late menstrual period can be because of missing the contraceptive pill. Not to worry, get a pregnancy test done, if it's positive and if you are willing to continue the pregnancy, my opinion is calvepen is relatively safe in pregnancy. Only thing is proper monitoring is required.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shilpa M.D, General & Family Physician