What are the remedies for 103.1 degree fever?

My daughter has 103.1 fever gave her medicine to lower fever but fever comes back i have a wet cloth on forehead and also i am not covering her too much but what else should i do?? I am so nervous she shakes every now and then and seems like she is hulicinating
Wed, 21 May 2014
Thank you for the query.
I would want to know the age and body weight of your daughter. As per the history provided by you, she is having high grade fever, alongwith chills and rigor, with some disorientation.
With these symptoms, I would advise you to consult your doctor/paediatrician as soon as possible. Your daughter is suffering from some infection (viral or bacterial) and the source needs to be localised (respiratory tract, urinary tract etc.). Wet cloth application and tepid sponging may provide symptomatic relief, but an antipyretic like paracetamol needs to be given (dose to adjusted as per her age and weight)
I would also advise you to get some blood investigations done like White blood cell count, Hb, ESR, electrolytes (sodium/potassium), C-reactive protein, which may give an idea about the type and severity of infection. If its a bacterial infection, antibiotics need to be started. Give your daughter plenty of fluid (she needs to be adequately hydrated during febrile episodes)
But as I have told you consult your physician as soon as possible for further advise.
Hope this helps you.