What are the physical effects to have high cholesterol ?

What are the physical effects to someones health if they have high cholesterol ?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
Two words HEART DISEASE

I am 28 years old PhD guy..lacking physical effort... I dont have BP and sugar. My triglyceride level is 385 mg/dL whereas my HDL level is 48 along with Cholestrol level of 267. I want to know if I am at risk for the development of any complication related with high cholestrol. What should i do to fight the condition?

Hi, i am female aged 50 yrs. i had heart attack 4 years ago which resulted in as stent. have been quite well since however suffer from high cholesterol regardless of good diet. several statins have given me bad side effects. which is the best and gives less side effects.

just a quick question... I am 35 year old male and just had my yearly physical with my primary care physician.my total cholesterol came back a little high at 212. My Triglycerides were 59mg HDL was 78 and LDL was 122. How worried should I be in terms of the overall cholesterol being where it is? Do I need to make drastic changes to my overall diet,etc?

Recent questions on  Cholesterol

5'6" 175lbs in great shape. I run and walk and weight train. my heart started to "stutter" about 4 or 5 days ago and is increasing in occurence. sometimes multiple stutters. 47 years old. no history of heart disease. low cholesterol levels. low blood pressure.

Hi, My ages is 41.Height is 5ft 8 inches.Weight is 67 kg. I dont have any medical history. No sugar . No B.P. No cholesterol. I ave hair loss of Male pattern baldness.From past 1 year i have a small cyst/lump on the center of head which has increased to 1 cm dia. Does not pain. How do i get it cured/removed?

i have dark nuckles, toes, knees and elbows. having done a bit of research i think its acanthosis. however having looked at the causes of acanthosis i.e obesity, high cholesterol, etc - i dont have any of them. i ve always had darkness around my nuckles, toes, etc. I would like to know if there is a cosmetic procedure which would fix it. Thank you i dont have any medical problems, i m 22.

Sir, My Urine report show Albumin present, Large number of puscells/HPF, Sugar Fasting is 80mg%, Post Parandial111mg%, Utric acid 49mg%, Cholestrol 191mg%. Total Cholestrol 191mg%, HDL 44MG%, Triglyceride 135mg%,LdL 120mg%.What does this report mean.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.