What are the physical effects to have high cholesterol ?

What are the physical effects to someones health if they have high cholesterol ?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
Two words HEART DISEASE

I am 28 years old PhD guy..lacking physical effort... I dont have BP and sugar. My triglyceride level is 385 mg/dL whereas my HDL level is 48 along with Cholestrol level of 267. I want to know if I am at risk for the development of any complication related with high cholestrol. What should i do to fight the condition?

Hi, i am female aged 50 yrs. i had heart attack 4 years ago which resulted in as stent. have been quite well since however suffer from high cholesterol regardless of good diet. several statins have given me bad side effects. which is the best and gives less side effects.

just a quick question... I am 35 year old male and just had my yearly physical with my primary care physician.my total cholesterol came back a little high at 212. My Triglycerides were 59mg HDL was 78 and LDL was 122. How worried should I be in terms of the overall cholesterol being where it is? Do I need to make drastic changes to my overall diet,etc?

Recent questions on  Cholesterol

i am 77 suffering hair fall for the last three months now the front part is visibly thin. have been taking aten h and stovastin to keep bp and cholesterol under control. using hair garnier hair dye for two years.

singhajit singh

YYYY@YYYY

0000

Hi, I think I have heartburn but not sure-I am a 43y/o female, no history of heart problems, healthy cholesterol level, non smoker, I exercise and eat healthy. I have pain where my arms attach to my body, feel slightly nauseous, feel like I need to burp-my breathing is fine. Maybe just indigestion?-had a spicy-somewhat rich supper.

I am 65 yrs. of age and both my cholesterol and triglycerides are elevated. Total cholesterol is 257. Triglycerides are 158. HDL cholesterol is 55. The dr. threw a sample of Crestor to me and gave me a prescription as well. I threw the Crestor in the trash. Started taking Cholestoff *Complete* which is for both dietary and genetic high cholesterol (made from plants) and am suppose to take two twice daily before meals. Also am eating 3/4 cup of Quaker Oat Meal w/ cinnamon sprinkled heavily over it each day and am on a low fat diet. Have been told that niacin also helps bring down cholesterol and am wondering if you would recommend taking it. I also take fish oil daily. Am interested in natural products for lowering it. Haven t been exercising appropriately and need to do that. Both of my parents had normal cholesterol levels but my grandmother passed due to a stroke. What is your recommendation and am I on the correct path? I am totally against statins due to their many side effects. I take medication for thyroid which is Synthroid and have no other major medical problems. Thank you very much

Hello. I am a 49 year old female with good cholesterol levels and I am not overweight. I ve had some high blood pressure on and off - controlled with vitamins. Have not taken it in a while. Over the weekend it came up 159/110 several times with other readings in the 140 s/90s. Do I need to get meds as in tonight or can it wait until a doctor visit next week? Thanks.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.