What are the most important differences between arteries and veins ?

What are the most important differences between arteries and veins?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Well, most of these answers have correct portions. Let's just summarize.... Arteries carry blood away from the heart. Veins carry blood to the heart. MOST arteries carry oxygenated blood and MOST veins carry deoxygenated blood (the exceptions are the pulmonary arteries and veins). Arteries are thick-walled and veins have thinner walls. Veins have valves to prevent back-flow in the lower-pressured vessels.