Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What are the measures to improve hemoglobin count ?

This is for my wife....she is facing problem with less hemoglobin ...What would be the best way to combat with this?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
First of all cause should be found and it should be treated. Many medical conditions cause anemia if she is on any medication that might be responsible.
Loss of blood through heavy menstrual bleeding or, wounds can cause anemia. Iron deficiency anemia can also occur when there are stomach ulcers or other sources of slow, chronic bleeding.
If anemia is mild and associated with no symptoms or minimal symptoms, a thorough investigation will be done in the outpatient setting. If any cause is found, then appropriate treatment will be started. if anemia is mild and is found to be related to low iron levels, then iron supplements.
Iron and folic acid tablets are available that can be prescribed.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further queries.

Answered: Tue, 7 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.This is called as ANEMIA and has many causes and can be distinguished by examination and inspection of blood film.The first step is to know the MCV (mean cell volume).There are LOW MCV problems like iron deficiency anemia and thalassemia.NORMAL MCV problems like acute blood loss,renal failure etc.HIGH MCV problems like B12 or FOLATE deficiency anemia,alcoholism,marrow infiltration etc.Treatment depends upon the cause of anemia so you must consult a doctor and get the required investigations and treatment from him.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Tue, 7 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor