What are the long term side effects of Divalproex?

Hi Doctor Rynne, :) I ve been taking Divalproex for ~ 15 years (1250 MG / night)...I am wondering about the long-term affects of usage...I had a Rt temporal lobectomy 15 yrs ago and continue to take the drug...can you tell me what the affects are (besides wt gain, heartburn) Thank you
Mon, 3 Sep 2018

If you are taking it for so many years liver damage must be ruled out by the investigations: SGPT, SGOT, ALT, S. Protein and S. billirubin levels. Other side effects can be alopecia or curling of hair.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Hiren Hirpara