What are the effects of taking Deviry during early pregnancy?

Hello..last time i had my periods on 1st march..i do a pregnancy test on 10th april..it comes out to be negative.. i start taking deviry tablet on 20 th april for 5 days..still my periods wont come..i go to the doctor and found pregnancy test positive on 30 th april..most of the time my periods delayed by 15 -20 days after my first baby..now i have the symptoms of pregnancy...i want to know wheather deviry tablet can affect baby in my stomach
Wed, 15 Sep 2021

According to your routine period habit, you were due on 15th of April.you took Deviry pills from 20th of April and found pregnancy confirmed on 30th of April. Deviry being a hormone progesterone preparation is not likely to cause any harm to baby. Still it's better to consult gynecologist in case of unusual vaginal bleeding and be careful to get USG scan at 3rd and 5th months of pregnancy to exclude fetal anomalies. Be in regular contact with your gynecologist for fetal well-being, considering your history of PCOD.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale, General & Family Physician