What are the effects of IGa deficiency?

I am IGa deficient. 49 years ago my daughter was born with IGa deficiency. My daughter 53 and son 45 are both normal IGa.

About 40 years ago (I was not aware of IGa) I donated blood. Since I worked in the lab I was aware that the recipient had a reaction to the blood. - The lab went crazy rechecking all availble factors. -

A few years later the same thing happened.

I have not donated blood since but am curious if the IGa could be the cause of these reactions.

I am told to have washed cells only as a recipient but I couldn't have developed anti-bodies.

What is your opinion.

My daughter and one grandaughter would like to know also.

Phyllis Dubey

Thu, 6 Nov 2014