What are the dietary plans for angioectasias?

I am a caucasion healthy female 63 years old, 5' 7" 150 lbs. with no presence of heart disease, high BP, diabetes. I work out. Do not smoke or drink; eat a healthy diet, do not take aspirin or antiinflammatory medications. I have been recently diagnosed with angioectasias in my small intestine (not sure of exact location) using a capsule endoscopy. My hemoglobin is 10.5 and I am iron deficient and on iron supplements. Does this condition just begin to exist due to arteriovenious malformations AVMs? I do take other medications that are not known to cause intestinal bleeding to my knowledge. My doctor says that he will monitor my hemoglobin levels and if I become too anemic I will need to have these blood vessels cauterized. Is cauterization a complete fix or what is the likelyhood of future angioectasias probable? are there any foods/drinks or supplements I should stay away from? Are there any foods or supplements recommended?
Wed, 2 Nov 2016
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Unfortunately there are no specific evidence based diets ,so I did some research.
To keep the bleeding to a minimum, stay away from first and second hand smoke, follow diet to keep blood pressure down such as eating less than 2300mg sodium & getting potassium from fruits, lower saturated fat content and be checked for gluten intolerance. Since you seem to be healthy and doing most of these things, perhaps being checked for gluten intolerance might be an option.
These are the most prevalent dietary interventions I could find on the medical search engines
I hope this gives you some ideas
Wishing you my best Kathryn Shattler
sent from iPhone