Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What are the circular sores on my penis ?

Male, Age 21, recently diagnosed with an indirect inguinal hernia . Urethra cultured to confirm pain is from the hernia, and not an STD, or UTI. Still waiting confirmation of results. Sexually active, and condoms have been used every time. Due to pain in pelvic area, the penis has been examined almost everyday. My question is regarding skin texture of penis as a whole and more specifically on the ventral side. The color on my penis ranges from pink to a medium brown (bronze/ tan) to a dark spot that is a birthmark just a few shades darker than the medium brown. By the base of the penis (ventral side); 1/3rd up, there appears to be 6 U shaped pits on Lt side, and 2 U shaped pits on Rt side. Lt side feel palpable. When extending a flaccid penis, there appears to be hair follicles in some of the U shaped pits, and it appears that not all are really pitted but give a circular formation like a sore but made by the veins and or skin folds on a flaccid penis. Not sore, nor red but slightly pinkish when removing stray hairs growing in said area via tweezers. Curious if it is normal and I m overreacting, or a more serious problem. I believe Ive had these before but in fewer amounts: never really thought much about them. A more visible example to the mind may be the skin folds just beneath the head of a flaccid-circumcised penis. The following link is an example. Specifically under the 2 mark, you ll see the circular sore shape.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  426
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
you need to consult dermatologist for the problem
it may be normal but hypertrohic follicle of hair or may be other skin condition
there is nothing to be serious about it
keep it clean and dry
apply clotrimazole powder over it
wear loose and cotton cloths .

i hope i answered your question .
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor