• question-icon

What are the chances of malignancy when adnexal cyst is detected?

My wife is a 51 yrs old she had heavy bleeding for 3 days and now ther is spotting for 2 days A transvaginal u/s was done it showed adnexae cyst on left side 5.9 by 4.9 by 5.5 cm Also her CA 125 is 164 Her hormonal profile is normal FSH being 18 Because of lot of gases ovaries wer not visualized so will repeat the u/s Also gynaecology has referred her to oncology And gynaecology will see her after 2 weeks for Pap smear etc and removal of IUD which she has for last 5yrs We r very worried can u tell us more how to go around it and what are the chances of ot being malignant Warm regards
Sat, 2 Nov 2019

Chances of malignancy are concerning given the size of the cyst and CA 125 levels. Please follow up with the oncologist as scheduled. Early detection and management can provide very good prognosis.

Hope this answers your query
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi Rita Venugopal