What are the chances of getting pregnant without penetration?

hello doctor, last night on 21.08.2014 time 8:30pm me n my husband did sex with protection but unfortunately the condom was tore, and after intercourse some of quantity of sperm was outside some was in my vagina s outer skin, but still we have a doubt that if some sperms is in the vagina so i could get pregnant, and i am newly married i don t want to get pregnant so early. please suggest me what should i do, can i take an emergency pill like unwanted 72, i have never taken before so i m little bit scared of using it for 1st time, will it be good for me or not. please reply. thanks
Fri, 12 Aug 2016
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi dear I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Entry of sperms in the vagina can lead to pregnancy.
You can take emergency contraception like unwanted 72 within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse to avoid pregnancy.
The drug is successful in preventing pregnancy in 95-98% cases.
You will be having withdrawal bleeding within3-7 days of taking this pill.
As a common side effect, the next expected periods can be delayed by 2-3 weeks.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN